[Beowulf] Please help to setup Beowulf

Nifty Tom Mitchell niftyompi at niftyegg.com
Mon Feb 16 22:54:32 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 05:06:17PM +0530, Indrajit Deb wrote:

>    Hello,
>    I want to setup beowulf for my eight node cpu to run simulation. Debian
>    4.0 is installed in each cpu. I am not familiar with beowulf. If any
>    one help me to setup beowulf for the begining to the end i will be
>    grateful.
>    Thanks.
>    Indrajit Deb
>    Research Scholar.
>    Dept. of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics
>    Calcutta University
>    Kolkata
>    India
>    Ph. +919239202278

Hmm Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics....
Which Molucular modeling code do you plan to run.
Most but not all are built on MPI libraries does
Debian have a pre-packaged MPI development and
run time environment.  Look for things like Open MPI...

The simulation codes you plan to run will decide
a lot of things.  For example it may cause you to move from
Debian  to ROCKS/Centos or something else.  Based
on your question you are a Bio guy more than
a computer guy.  If so let your application codes drive
the cluster decisions.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?