[Beowulf] mpirun command

christian suhendra christiansuhendra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:47:37 PST 2009

hello guys...
im using mpich-1.2.7p1 installed on my PC
but when i run mpirun
i've got this error :
suhendra18 at cluster2:/mirror/mpich-1.2.7p1/examples$ mpirun -np 1 cpi

It seems that there is no lamd running on the host cluster2.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run
(the MPI program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.
did my mpich switch to LAM/MPI?? so what should i do??

regards
christian