[Beowulf] METIS Partitioning within program

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 05:57:51 PDT 2009

Amjad,

Have you thought of using the system call:

"system(const char *string);"

Type "man system" for a description. You can pass any string
to the shell to be run with this call. For instance:

system("date > date.out");

would instruct the shell to place the current date and time
in the file date.out. If the command you wish to run changes
cyclically y ou would have to manage the changes from inside
the program. I am assuming a C program here.

Regards,

rbw