[Beowulf] Re: [torqueusers] simulating worst case behavior from my cluster. request 8 cpus such that no two are on the same node.

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Mon Apr 20 14:19:05 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 16:13 -0500, Rahul Nabar wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Victor Gregorio
> <vgregorio at penguincomputing.com> wrote:
> > 1) Request 8 nodes at 1 processor each:
> >   #PBS -l nodes=8:ppn=1
>
> Did not work. I got assigned
>
>  node18,  node18, node18, node18,node18,node18,node07,node07
>
> Is my PBS/Torque mis-configured or is this the right behavior to expect?

The default settings in Maui allow it to pack tasks on a host like this.
Try setting the following in your maui.cfg file and see if it makes a
difference:

JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE

	--Troy
--
Troy Baer, HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee