[Beowulf] Repenting for sins against Dell (on good Friday, no less)

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:35:27 PDT 2009

2009/4/10 Robert G. Brown <rgb at phy.duke.edu>:

> anything.  I use my laptop install primarily for access to a Cisco VPN
> (because Cisco sucks and still doesn't support linux worth a damn) and
> to be able to run/debug a Windows-only EMR client.

You're right there Bob. I have a shiny Sun/Opteron workstation at
home, running SuSE.
I have a copy of the Cisco VPN client running perfectly well on it.
But can I access work from it? Di I have to lug around a heavy laptop
every day back and forth from work to home? You betcha. The Windows
version of the VPN client has a noddy "firewall" which the remote end
gateway checks for. And is this Windows only? Yup.