[Beowulf] Repenting for sins against Dell (on good Friday, no less)

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 10 09:47:45 PDT 2009

2009/4/10 Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca>:

> I'm not so sure about that - why would VMed windows be more secure?
> my understanding is that the thing that makes windows vulnerable is the
> hooks that make windows integration work.  and it's the integration
> that people expect, no?

One reason you might want to do VM-ed Windows is if you have
applications which run only under Windows, and equally you have users
which have applications with run only under Linux.

So you could have two boxes beside every desk, generating heat,
needing care and maintenance.
Or you could use Intel's new VD-T technology plus Nvidia Multi-OS
http://www.nvidia.com/object/sli_multi_os.html