[Beowulf] Scientific Linux

Alan Louis Scheinine alscheinine at tuffmail.us
Tue Apr 7 20:20:16 PDT 2009

Alan Scheinine wrote:
 > Sites analyzing LHC data must use Scientific Linux because the associated
 > applications ...
Leif Nixon replied:
 > Not really true. We're the largest European tier-1 site for ATLAS, and
 > we run on a number of different distributions

Dr. Nixon is much more qualified than I am to describe the
situation.  In few words, my experience was: gLite => scientific linux.
This, I felt, might explain why the previous poster indicated
that so many LHC data analysis sites used Scientific Linux.
I want to thank Dr. Nixon for the much greater precision.

Best regards,
Alan

--

  Alan Scheinine