[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 6 23:57:45 PDT 2009

----- "Rahul Nabar" <rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the end I think Dell realizes that if they decided to be selective
> to sell machines to people running RHEL alone they'd lose a lot of
> business from folks wanting to run CentOS, CNL, or what-have-you.

*shrug* why should they care? We're probably not a
significant share of the market for them, just a
"prestige" share..  Plus when people like IBM do
the same it just makes it legitimate..

Drives me up the wall.. :-(

<blues_brothers>

"Yes, we support both Linux distros, RHEL and SLES"

</blues_brothers>