[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Mon Apr 6 11:27:22 PDT 2009

I would expect the vendor of the shrink-wrapped cluster (DELL) to be
responsible for all support, and acceptance of delivery should be
dependent on meeting all requirements documented in the purchase
process.

How they then resolve it should not matter.

THat being said, it seems quite unusual to not install any kind
of queueing system.

> I think you mean "buy a shrink-wrapped cluster from a well-respected,
> cluster-specific vendor that has proven in-house cluster expertise"

That might be of advantage :-)

Michael Will - disclaimer: Employed by such a vendor.