[Beowulf] Re: MOSIX2

Jürgen Knödlseder jurgen.knodlseder at cesr.fr
Tue Sep 30 07:34:16 PDT 2008

Hi Tony,

I'm in the same situation as your are: I'm running an openMosix
cluster, but since it's more and more
difficult to integrate new hardware with an old 2.4.26 kernel I think
that I have to move to MOSIX2.
I just got the latest version of MOSIX2 sent from Amnon Barak (I'm
using the cluster for academic
work), and started to play around with installations ... yet I had
some kernel crash problems that
I could not yet resolve on one of the machines. So I guess without
the $1,000 per year support
fee it'll also be difficult to run a MOSIX2 cluster ...

Jürgen