[Beowulf] RE: MS Cray

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 22 16:52:52 PDT 2008

And with NASA exploration missions, you may need to keep ancient gear "under glass" for a long time, to support some spacecraft that was launched 30 years ago (Voyager 1&2 are still going strong, eh?).  Some anomaly occurs, you need to drag out the testbed and the test equipment that was connected to the test bed, etc.  Maybe all your test data is stored on diskettes that were written by the Apple II that was the instrument controller.

James Lux, P.E.
Task Manager, SOMD Software Defined Radios
Flight Communications Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop 161-213
Pasadena, CA, 91109