[Beowulf] What services do you run on your cluster nodes?

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Mon Sep 22 15:52:37 PDT 2008

Hi Gerry:

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> As a slightly OT question: I've recently heard it posited that ganglia
> induces severe communications overhead ("It's chatty") and thus shouldn't be
> used.  What's the conventional wisdom thereof?

It is considered "chatty" for the network if you use multicast.
However, Ganglia also supports unicast.  For more information you can
refer to our wiki:

http://ganglia.wiki.sourceforge.net/ganglia_gmond_configuration

If you have more specific questions, please feel free to email us at
our mailing-list: