[Beowulf] stace_analyzer.pl can't work.

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Mon Sep 15 21:13:53 PDT 2008

>    It throws an error likes:Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
> ./strace_analyzer.pl line 310, <> line 409105.
>    Have you experienced this? and resolved?

I think the parser could be improved.  in this case, it seems to be
choking on lines like:
23:34:13.502857 read(7, 0xbfffc670, 32) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

on 310, junk="unavailable" - the code should handle -1 specially,
since it shouldn't be accumulated to $ReadBytesTotal.

> BTW:I've install the perl module strict and Getopt::long, and the tool
> exhausts my laptop's memory(1.2G) while running.

I guess the code isn't intended to profile >409105-line traces on a laptop ;)
it's a WIP, and stores a lot of stuff that it doesn't currently use, and
could probably be stored more compactly...

regards, mark hahn.