[Beowulf] Re: Active directory with Linux

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 05:47:00 PDT 2008

"John Hearns" <hearnsj at googlemail.com> writes:

> I have to confess my Google skills have failed me.
> If I'm not wrong, there was a recent discussion in these parts re. using
> Active Directory
> with Linux.

[I assume that means GNU/Linux.]  You probably want to be more specific
about the value of `using' and what the circumstances are, e.g. whether
`you' have control of the AD.  The latter is likely the main constraint.

> I think there was a commercial product mentioned, which was
> quite good.

There are several, but you probably don't want them.  The ones with
which I'm familiar -- too familiar in the case of Centrify -- are aimed
at Doze people who think they should/can control everything with AD,
specifically its normal interface.