[Beowulf] Security issues

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Oct 23 16:11:50 PDT 2008

Hi folks:

    A customer with an [insert unnamed cluster distribution here]
cluster had a hack into it yesterday.  We looked through it and found
some things out.  I wrote a post on my blog about it
(http://scalability.org/?p=909).  No, this is not astro-turfing, we
don't derive income from the blog.  No ads, no-nothing.  We get enough
traffic as it is.  I thought what I found would be useful to the community.

   Since it is a long post, I thought it was more courteous to post a
link than post the whole thing.

   Hopefully it will show up on the [insert unnamed cluster distribution
here] but I doubt it, after a little exchange offline.

   Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO