[Beowulf] mpirun issue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Oct 22 11:17:47 PDT 2008

Am 21.10.2008 um 22:21 schrieb Luis Alejandro Del Castillo Riley:

> And with the ps -e f shows that is running fine until they crash
> with the error broken pipe and killing signal

 From this I would assume that one processes crashed and you are
facing only the follow-up error. Maybe because it ran out of memory
or disk space. It might depend on the application, how it will
distribute the data and maybe with ten nodes some array or so was
getting too big over the runtime of the job.

When you can spot the node which crashes, maybe you can find
something in /var/log/messages of the node.

-- Reuti