[Beowulf] Off topic: equipment sell-off

Dan.Kidger at quadrics.com Dan.Kidger at quadrics.com
Mon Oct 13 02:47:36 PDT 2008

John Hearns wrote:
> By the way, I live in London, UK. The news is our local government had lots of money in an Icelandic bank, which they've now lost.
> As a consequence, they are looking to sell off objects of historic significance which they own. I can put you in touch if you are looking
> for a Victorian-era lifting bridge.

We also have financial problems in local government and have a bridge to sell - unfortunately ours does not lift up, but on the plus side it is high enough above the water for most boats to fit under. It will be put on eBay soon, but for now here is a picture:
   http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/gallery/city-of-bristol/suspension.html

Daniel

Dr. Daniel Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.   daniel.kidger at quadrics.com<mailto:daniel.kidger at quadrics.com>
One Bridewell St.,             Mobile:    +44 (0)779 209 1851
Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK           Office:    +44 (0)117 915 5519
----------------------- www.quadrics.com<http://www.quadrics.com/> --------------------