[Beowulf] Compute Node OS on Local Disk vs. Ram Disk

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:49:19 PDT 2008

2008/10/7 Bogdan Costescu <Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>

> Thanks for sharing all these details, but I would be more interested to
> know about the technical solutions that you have applied. How do you deal
> with the various software packages that require specific conditions to run ?
> Do you have separate clusters for specific purposes/software and only direct
> users to them ?

If we're talking about different interconnects to run specific jobs, then
its quite easy to build a cluster with (say) a few racks of Myrinet equipped
nodes. You just set up your job scheduler such that scientists needing to
use Myrinet can request them.

Or by "conditions" do you mean diferent libraries or compilers?

John Hearns