[Beowulf] OT: the ongoing computer chess championship in China

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 14:38:43 PDT 2008

That's the most remarkable crosstable I've ever seen (in Shahrokh's link).
The players are essentially well-ordered; the top beat everyone, 2nd beat
everyone except 1st, 3rd beat everyone except 1 and 2, etc, all the way
down. It makes a upper-trianglular matrix. Remarkable.

I used to give 13 stones to ManyFaces on my own PC. I suspect this beast, on
that cluster, could give me several.
I still give 6 to programs running on just PCs.
(3 stones is about knight odds, in chess terms)

Peter