[Beowulf] Windows in top 10

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Nov 20 22:06:23 PST 2008

A while back a customer of PathScale issued a press release about how
they were running Windows on their supercomputer, with InfiniPath
interconnect. We were kinda surprised, since we didn't have Windows

So I was curious about the Dawning 5000A... the previous supercomputers
in this series ran Linux. But the top500 entry trumpets Windows. Well...

This press release says it runs Linux and Windows. That's a bit more
credible; I wonder if they actually had to buy the Windows software?

-- greg