[Beowulf] Final Announcement: 10th Annual Beowulf Bash 9pm Nov 17 2008

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Mon Nov 17 00:01:02 PST 2008

Final Announcement: 10th Annual Beowulf Bash   9pm Nov 17 2008

Tenth Annual Beowulf Bash
         And
       LECCIBG

   9pm
November 17 2008
Pete's Dueling Piano Bar
421 E. 6th St.
Austin, TX

It will take place, as usual, with the IEEE SC Conference.

We've picked the only time that doesn't conflict with vendor events,
Monday evening just after the Opening Gala.  Pete's is nearby -- a
short walk away.

As in previous years, the primary attraction is the conversations with
other attendees.  We will supplement this with some fun professional
entertainment: "Dueling Pianos".  We will have drinks and snacks, along
with a few give-aways

There will be a short greeting by the sponsors somewhere around 10pm
(anytime from 9:45 to 10:15pm) -- try to be there by then.

Again:

Monday, November 17 2008  9-11:30pm  Immediately after the SC08 Opening
Gala
Pete's Dueling Piano Bar
     http://www.petesduelingpianobar.com

Our headlining sponsor for 2008 is AMD
(yes, that means they put up a big chunk of the money)
  AMD http://amd.com

Other sponsors are
  Penguin/Scyld  (organizing sponsor)	http://penguincomputing.com
  XAND Marketing (organizing sponsor)	http://xandmarketing.com