[Beowulf] why the price diference ?!

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Thu Nov 6 13:48:46 PST 2008

  Heck!

  After reading some posts here and going to cluster monkey I really got
seduced by the SDR infiniband idea. So, next cluster extension, thats what
I'm gonna get. Except...

  Mellanox MHES14-XTC Infinihost III Lx, Single Port 4x Infiniband, PCIe4x

  buy at colfax : 125 USD roughly, now, 98 eur

  ask for Mellanox Portugal (or europe) for a quote and you get <gasp>

  488 EUROS!!!

  sorry to polute the list but I got take this out of my chest...

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt