[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Sun May 11 20:10:56 PDT 2008

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> Last I saw someone doing this, IPMI sharing an ethernet port with the
> host led to all kinds of weird ARP problems. Whereas a dedicated port
> is much easier to configure. My favorite vendors all offer a
> dedicated port...

I have five racks of Dell gear that I need to figure out how that is going
to work.  This is my first experience at setting up and using the Dell
Baseboard Management Controller.  Power should be installed next week, so
this is going to be a very busy week trying to get ready.

Any suggestions, words of wisdom or web pointers would be appreciated.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.