[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer - labeling Cables

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Thu May 8 06:39:16 PDT 2008

David Mathog <mathog at caltech.edu> wrote:
> What about labeling the cables?  My rack's nodes' ethernet and power
> cables are marked with the node's name at each end.  It was a low tech
> approach involving printing names, cutting paper into strips with
> scissors, and taping them on.  There are other types of label, many
> based on modified zip ties, but they still have to be applied by hand.

White shrink tube works very well. Is secure, and does not project or
snag on things.
One may pre-write it.
Only downside is it has to be slipped over an end, so one has to pull
the end out of a socket to apply.

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/