[Beowulf] Purdue Supercomputer

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed May 7 07:09:00 PDT 2008

We're not as big as Purdue in this but we just installed a 10TF Dell
system. We specifically designed with 1Gbe to reinforce the concept that
our new cluster is a high-throughput system rather than HPC.  Jobs that
can concentrate well on a node (or two) should do nicely, while HPC jobs
can run on other campus resources with bigger, badder, faster interconnects.

gerry