[Beowulf] many cores and ib

Jaime Perea jaime.perea at gmail.com
Mon May 5 06:43:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

Just a small question, does anybody has experience with many core
(16) nodes and infiniband? Since we have some users that need
shared memory but also we want to build a normal cluster for
mpi apps, we think that this could be a solution. Let's say about
8 machines (96 processors)  pus infiniband. Does it sound correct?
I'm aware of the bottleneck that means having one ib interface for
the mpi cores, is there any possibility of bonding?

Thanks a lot and regards

             Jaime D. Perea Duarte.
             Linux registered user #10472

           Dep. Astrofisica Extragalactica.
           Instituto de Astrofisica de Andalucia (CSIC)
           Apdo. 3004, 18080 Granada, Spain.