[Beowulf] visualization machine

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 28 10:40:57 PDT 2008

>>> Also, AFAIK, neither project supports the professional series of cards
>>> (Quadro/FireGL).
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I normally just install the unified NV driver for quadros.
>
> Sure, but that driver doesn't do hardware-accelerated 3D.

ah - I wasn't thinking.  by NV, I meant to abbreviate the company name
(and refer to the closed driver that calls itself "nvidia") rather than
the xorg driver which calls itself "nv"...

the nvidia driver does provide hw accell on quadro cards, which are
just minor variants of non-quadro versions.

I haven't had problems with either nv or nvidia drivers.