[Beowulf] visualization machine

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Thu Mar 27 03:41:28 PDT 2008

  Hi all

  I beg to take advantage of your experience although the topic isn't
completly cluster thing. I got some money to buy a new machine, at least
8Gb and I'm thinking between a 2 x dual core or a 1 x quad (or even 2x
quads). It must be one machine because it must (urgh) be able to use it's
8Gb in serial codes (don't ask). Anyway, I've been experiencing with
paraview for parallel visualization and was wondering on your opinion
on... buying a ultra-duper-cool state-of-the-art graphic card (Nvidia) or
2 graphic cards?

  thanks for your time,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt