[Beowulf] Re: bonic projects on a cluster

Jon Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 09:13:38 PDT 2008

thats always nice. i have a duel core machine on this laptop and when i have
boinc projects utilizing 100% of my processor with no impact on
responsiveness wchi is nice.

off topic but i noticed u work for intel. are you guys looking for people to
test future chips?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Lombard, David N <dnlombar at ichips.intel.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:19:32PM -0700, David Mathog wrote:
> > Carsten Aulbert wrote
> > >
> > > First hit with Google:
> > >
> > > http://boinc.berkeley.edu/
> >
> > I have a nit to pick with them.  Their web site implies (but does not
> > explicitly state) that giving them access to your wasted computing
> > resources costs you nothing, that everybody wins and nobody loses.
> > My point being, with respect to the original poster, letting something
> > like boinc run on a cluster for outside use could easily end up costing
> > the cluster's owner many thousands of dollars a year.
>
> Along these lines, I had a prime number search running in the background
> on my home desktop.  It ran so well--99% utilization with no impact on
> interactive responsiveness--that I completely forgot about it.  I only
> rediscovered it when I wondered why my CPU was running so hot.
>
> --
> David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
> I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.

Jonathan Aquilina