[Beowulf] Re: "hobbyists"

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Thu Jun 19 11:25:05 PDT 2008

According to one weapons designer the only safe way to use it was to
fire from a hilltop into a valley from a jeep and then drive like hell
into the next valley.

If you are within 150m you will receive an instantly lethal dose. Within
400m you will receive up to 600 rem with is lethal. Even at to 1000m you
would likely get enough radiation to  interfere with your warfighting
capacity.