[Beowulf] SuperMicro and lm_sensors

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jun 19 06:50:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 06:14:20PM -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:11:54PM -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> > Speaking of lm_sensors, does anyone have configs for recent SuperMicro
> > mobos? My SuperMicro support contact doesn't have ay idea, and running
> > sensors-detect leaves me with lots of readings which are
> > miscalibrated.
> Thanks to the 3 people who wrote me with suggestions.
> It appears that the magic is this:
> * Upgrade to a newer version of lm_sensors (atrpms has 2.10.6,
>    dunno if you can find lm_sensors3 rpms anywhere)
> * Make sure your kernel has a driver for what sensors-detect
>    detects

Did you look for /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature  The glob is for
your BIOS-defined ID.  If it does exist, that's the value that drives

See also /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/polling_frequency

David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.