[Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Craig Tierney Craig.Tierney at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 16 08:44:58 PDT 2008

Mark Hahn wrote:
>> It is a bit weird if you claim to be NDA bound, whereas the news has
>> it in
>> big capitals what the new IBM CELL can deliver.
>
> I thought he was referring to double-precision on Nvidia gpus,
> which have indeed not been shipped publicly (afaik).

An article posted today about the GTX280, which is to be release tomorrow,
states that the GTX280 has "support for the IEEE-754R double-precision
floating-point standard."

http://www.maximumpc.com/sites/maximumpc.com/themes/maximumpc/wow.php?back=article/unveiled_nvidias_next_gen_gpu

Craig

Craig Tierney (craig.tierney at noaa.gov)