NDAs Re: [Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Jim Lux james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jun 15 15:42:27 PDT 2008

Quoting Vincent Diepeveen <diep at xs4all.nl>, on Sun 15 Jun 2008
10:36:26 AM PDT:

> Joseph,
>
> It is a bit weird if you claim to be NDA bound, whereas the news has it in
> big capitals what the new IBM CELL can deliver.

I don't know that Joseph was claiming to be NDA bound, just that there
might be people who could potentially comment who are.

But, in any case, more than once I've been in a situation where I was
unable to discuss or otherwise acknowledge information that was public
because of either classification guidelines or NDAs.  There's a big
difference between carefully controlled press releases and someone
responding to random questions. And, likewise there's a big difference
between someone making intelligent speculation about a technology and
having certain knowledge.