[Beowulf] Infiniband modular switches

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:33:30 PDT 2008

Hello everybody:

We are about to build an HPC cluster with infiniband network starting
from 22 dual socket nodes with AMD QUAD core processors and in a year or
so we will be having about 120 nodes. We will be using infiniband both
for calculation as for storage.
The question is that we need a modular solution and we are having 3
candidates:

a) Voltaire Grid Director SDR or DDR 288 ports (9988 or 2012 models)->
seems very good and well supported, but very expensive.

b) Qlogic SilverStorm 9120 (144 ports) -> no price and support
information yet

c) Flextronics 10U 144 Port Modular-> very good at price but little
support => risky option?.

I am in a mess. What is your opinion about this matter? Are you using
any of this products.

Regards

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,