[Beowulf] problem with binary file on NFS

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 06:22:35 PDT 2008

Jorg,

I checked the man page for ldd and it says that it may not work if an old
comiler was used to produced the executable. I think it's like symbolic
debugging, you need to compile with a switch to build the symbol table; the
compiler has to know you will want library information later, and builds a
table embedded into the executable that ldd can read (but as always, this is
something I haven't done myself :-(

Do you have other DLLs you made with the same compiler that work OK and
report to ldd OK?

Peter