[Beowulf] Re: Religious wars

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:01:23 PDT 2008

That's a nice point; I got thrown into the deep end by a bunch of crazy
mathematicians in the summer of 81: C, K&R, Unix, commodities forecasting. I
learned vi then. So at the time there was no choice.

My first experience with emacs I can't quite date; my macsyma program
crashed, the OS (whatever it was, probabaly VMS on vaxen) command
interpreter prompt suddenly went away, and I was flabbergasted. Did I just
crash the DuPont Experimental Station Vax network? So I learned to quit out
of emacs before I learned to enter into it.

Peter