[Beowulf] A press release

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Jul 3 11:09:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 at 12:49pm, Joe Landman wrote

> The only bad things I have seen RH do are their refusal to support good file
> systems (as the size of disks hit 2GB at the end of the year, this is going
> to bite them harder than it is now), and some of the choices they have made
> in their kernel.  Other than that, they have been a good OSS citizen.

I definitely agree that some of their kernel decisions are... odd.  I'm
wondering, though, why you think 2TB drives in specific are going to bite
them harder than the 1TB models out now.  ext3 goes up to 16TB these days,
and 2 marketing TB < 2TiB, so you'll still be able to boot off those
drives.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin