[Beowulf] software for compatible with a cluster

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Jul 3 06:09:27 PDT 2008

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> "Jon Aquilina" <eagles051387 at gmail.com> writes:
>> my idea is more of for my thesis.
>
> If you're trying to do 3d animation on the cheap and you want
> something that's already cluster capable, I'd try Blender. It is open
> source and it has already made some reasonable length movies. Not
> being an animation type, I know nothing about how nice it is compared
> to commercial products, but it is hard to beat the price.
>
> Perry

And it's been around for a while, so it should be very mature. I don't
know anything about rendering, but I downloaded blender after reading an
article in Linux Journal in 1999, and it was mature back then. I only
knew enough to run the demo. It  took HOURS to render on my 486!

I guess a link would be helpful, so here's one:
http://www.blender.org/

--
Prentice