[Beowulf] Cheap SDR IB

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Wed Jan 30 19:32:20 PST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Gilad Shainer wrote:

> For BW, Lx provides ~1400MB/s, EX is ~1500MB/s and ConnectX is
> ~1900MB/s
> uni-directional on PCIe Gen2.
>
> Feel free to contact me directly for more info.
>
> Gilad.

My god, IB bandwidths always confuse me. :-)

I thought IB SDR was 10 GB/s signal rate and 8 Gb/s data rate. How do
you squeeze ~1400 MB/s out of 8 Gb/s?

I see you offer Lx cards in PCIe 4x and 8x. Again, PCIe is encoded at
10bit/8bit so the data rate is 8 Gb/s. So the above value is for your
8x cards only, no? The thread is about your 4x cards, no?

Are there many PCIe Gen2 motherboards yet?

Scott