[Beowulf] VMC - Virtual Machine Console

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jan 18 12:15:16 PST 2008

> As an aside to this, do 2.6 kernels make some efforts to keep a process on a
> specific core anyways recognising the benefits to the cache of doing so (I
> suspect they do but maybe I just dreamed it up)?

yes - the code is pretty reasonable, though probably more tuned towards
typical desktop/webhost-type applications.  there are affinity heuristics for
managing which core a proc will be run on, as well as for guiding memory
allocation on numa machines.  (pretty soon, of course, all multi-socket
machines will be numa and need these issues handled...)