[Beowulf] Multiple NIC on a node

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:12:33 PST 2008

Mark,
I don't get it? I would have thought that if a large package were split
between two NICs with two cables, then assuming the buffering and
recombination at each end to be faster than the transmission, then the
transmission would be faster than over a single cable? You don't mean that
the router must be a bottleneck, by giving necessarily only one pathway to a
pair of IPs?
Probably I'm missing something about what is would be meant by "(merely)
aggregate bandwidth"?
Thanks,
Peter