[Beowulf] High Performance SSH/SCP

Ellis Wilson xclski at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 17:00:32 PST 2008

Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> Yes, I know that professors usually tell some green
graduate student to
> go build a cluster for the dept, but that's a
completely different topic
> outside the scope of this list...

I think you will find a number of persons on this list
hold the
definition of the Beowulf to be quite different than
the elitist concept
you propose.  While having extensive knowledge and
experience will
necessarily produce a much more efficient and well
designed cluster, the
acquisition of such is only possible through a
starting point.  What
better starting point than with commodity hardware and
free and open
software?  Such are fundamentals of the Beowulf.

Ellis