[Beowulf] Rear-door heat exchangers and condensation

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 13 01:08:59 PST 2008

2008/12/12 Bill Sellers <william.a.sellers at nasa.gov>

> J  I wouldn't recommend such a system for a single 19" rack.  There is
> quite a bit of plumbing involved and without an economy of scale, it
> wouldn't make sense to me.
>
> <http://www.sgi.com/company_info/newsroom/media_coverage/downloads/hpcwire_datacenterchill.pdf>

Bill, it can also make sense for a small number of racks if you
a) have a small room available with either none or a small amount of A/C
b) an existing supply of chilled water into the building.

In my situation, as I've said in this thread we have our own cooling lake,
complete with resident fish and a heron!