[Beowulf] Tesla systems in Germany?

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 9 16:52:43 PST 2008

heh Steffen,

On a more serious note.

What does your friend want to run at the machine for type of code?
Have the algorithm in some sort of stripped format showing the
working set size where you read from?

Figuring out Tesla type devices is not so stupid right now. It has
240 cores @ 32 bits (either integer of floating point) clocked at
say 1.2+ Ghz or so (1 instruction a cycle, forget the BS they quote
online).

Very powerful. Some algorithms can get rewritten. Would be fun to
practice with some physicist code to rewrite it from memory intensive
to instruction intensive code.

As i have nothing to do with christmas i wanted to write some CUDA
code anyway.
Of course i have to rehearse dry as i have no CUDA set up devices
here let alone budget to buy a 8800 card, let alone a Tesla.

Vincent