[Beowulf] Cluster quote

Jan Heichler jan.heichler at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 22:03:39 PST 2008

Hallo Ivan,

since that list is read by readers from many countries and vendors are normally active in certain geographical areas you should specify where the cluster will be located...

Jan

Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008, meintest Du:

I know that many readers of this forum work for cluser vendors. Therefore, I am sending this email to get some responses from interested parties.

I am going to purchase a computational cluster very soon (by the end of this year) and would like to get a quote for the configuration:

36 compute nodes (no dedicated master node),

node config:  2x AMD Shanghai Opteron 2380, 2.5 GHz CPUs per node, 8 GB (2x4) DDR2 667 GHz memory, 250 GB HD, IPMI, Infiniband DDR card.

Networking: 36 port Infiniband DDR switch (Melanox, not interested in expensive Qlogic), 48 port managed Gigabit switch

Rack: standard size, 3 simple PDUs (no expensive network managed)

I would appreciate receiving your quotes asap.

Best wishes,

Ivan Oleynik

Bye Jan