[Beowulf] POST card recomendation?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 27 10:04:00 PDT 2008

I have been thinking about getting a POST diagnostic card since my main
file server acted up the other day and kept hanging before the BIOS came
up - then just as mysteriously cured itself.  (This was a SuperMicro
H8DC8 motherboard. The power supply tested OK with two different PS
testers.)  There are a lot of these POST cards around but they seem to
be mostly straight from China with the usual Chinglish manual and little
or no support.  Ideally I'd like to find one that would run at 3.3V and
could be dropped into either a PCI or PCI-X slot (PCI-X because some of
our servers have only one PCI slot - already occupied by a cheap
graphics card).  If you have a POST card that is working well for you,
please let me know which one it is.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu