[Beowulf] Re: Infinipath memory parity errors

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 08:04:05 PDT 2008

"Mark Kosmowski" <mark.kosmowski at gmail.com> writes:

> Have you tried searching for Infinipath drivers at the SUSE 10.3
> repositories?

They're certainly not in opensuse separate from the kernel packages.

> If you're using OpenSUSE rather than SLED / SLES,
> perhaps it would be worth checking the community build repository too.
>  Maybe someone has already done the build work for you.

Thanks, but it's not a problem building from source, and I want the
source to be able to do kernel upgrades.

> I'm continually amazed at the useful stuff I find there that I was
> certain I'd have to build for myself.

[SuSE isn't nearly as good as Debian in that respect.]

> For that matter, a clean install may be in order as a last resort.

Er, no!

The relevant info I was missing was that there was better module source
to use, but thanks anyhow.

In case it helps anyone else:  openSuSE 10.3 (openSuSE generally?) isn't
supported in the infinitpath 2.2 distribution, and the modules
collection won't build directly with make-install.sh.  I hacked
build-guards.sh to recognize the system as 2.6.22_FC6, since it has a
2.6.22.<something> kernel, and killed the code in
drivers-2.6.22_FC6/kernel_addons/backport/2.6.22/include/scsi/scsi_cmnd.h
that duplicates stuff in the scsi_cmnd.h in the SuSE kernel sources.
(Although I only want the ib_ipath module, it was simplest just to make
that change.)  Then it will build/install.