[Beowulf] Re: Linux cluster authenticating against multiple Active Directory domains

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 07:29:33 PDT 2008

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com> writes:

> I keep seeing these messages go by over and over making it sound like
> this is difficult. It is not difficult. I've seen people say "I have
> seen no document with a recipe for how to do it", perhaps because a
> single kinit command in a cron job is too simple for a HOWTO.

How about commenting on the DESY paper I linked to and pointing out
exactly how they were wasting their time?

> Maybe some sort of strange myth has been going by so long on this that
> people refuse to believe that the ticket refresh is a single easy
> command?

Because it simply isn't, in the context of typical Beowulf batch
systems, especially if you're not going to pretty well chuck out the
Kerberos security model.  (Those of us who've contributed to a Kerberos
implementation -- particularly the documentation -- know all about
kinit, obviously.)