[Beowulf] where to start building ur own cluster distro

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Fri Apr 18 10:17:05 PDT 2008

In message from stephen mulcahy <smulcahy at aplpi.com> (Wed, 16 Apr 2008
16:11:58 +0100):
>If you're committed to rolling your own distro and joining the likes
>of those listed at http://lwn.net/Distributions/ then I'd recommend
>Debian as a good starting point.
>
>But I'd echo Jakob's comments - I don't see much value in building a
>"cluster distribution".
>-stephen

BTW, the question is: which Linux distributions have binary kernels
compiled w/increased RLIMIT_MEMLOCK value ?

It's necessary for work with Infiniband/OFED environment. And AFAIK
it's therefore necessary (for increase of this value) to recompile the
kernel: increasing of the corresponding value in
/etc/security/limits.conf can't help.

But (liked by me) OpenSuSE distros, for example, have
RLIMIT_MEMLOCK=32 only (although I didn't check versions after 10.1).

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Computer Assistance to Chemical Research Center
Zelinsky Inst. of Organic Chemistry
Moscow