[Beowulf] Improving access to a Linux beowulf cluster for Windows users

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Apr 9 11:48:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:19:59AM -0400, Tom Pierce wrote:

> Are there any good websites that describe how to simplify access to a Linux
> Beowulf cluster for people who use windows computers?

There have been many projects to give Windows GUI access to Linux
cluster backends -- that might be your best bet. Most are web based, a
few are java. I haven't seen many people actually using them, but,
I haven't observed many Windows clients.

-- greg

p.s. did anyone see this blog posting claiming that it takes Linux
clusters several minutes to start a 2048 core job?

http://terboven.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!EA3D3C756483FECB!267.entry

I would have commented, but you have to have a Microsoft ID to
comment.